H-4 for H1-B visa holders' dependent spouses and minor unmarried children

 H-4 is for H1-B visa holders’ dependent spouses and unmarried children under 21 years old. H-4 visa status depends on the visa status of the principal applicant. When the principal applicant’s visa is expired, H-4 visa is also expired. H-4 visa holders can apply for the extension of the visa as long as the principal H1-B visa holder maintains status.

H-4 visa Benefits

Dependent spouses and children can enter and stay in the U.S with H1-B visa holders and travel in and out of the U.S. You can obtain driver’s license, bank accounts and ITIN (Tax ID). In addition, you can study in the U.S without applying a student visa. However, working is not permitted because no social security number is offered.    

H-4 簽證